- Updated On:
- December 31, 2020
- 20 marla
DHA Lahore Phase 9
DHA 9 PRISM F BLOCK 194
Defence Housing Authority (DHA) is a nationally recognised real estate developer. The housing societies developed by DHA are among the highly sought-after communities in Pakistan. Initially, the project was reserved for serving and retired army personnel and their families, but later civilians were also allowed to buy properties here.
DHA, Lahore is regarded as a world-class housing project in the country that offers a luxurious lifestyle, urban infrastructure, and top-notch facilities and amenities, right in the heart of the city.
From the initial four phases, DHA, Lahore has expanded beyond the borders of Lahore, and several villages and towns located in the peripheries of the city have also become a part of the society. Almost all plots in Phase VI, VII, and VIII are booked or sold, and the construction of many houses has already begun. Development work has nearly finished in Phase VIII, & IX and the booking for 5, 10, 20, and 40 marla plots have started. Phase X is likely to be launched soon, but its details haven’t been revealed yet. One thing, however, is for sure that Phase X will be situated close to Phase VIII and IX.
The community is famous for its upscale markets and international food chains. Furthermore, one of the top and most prominent educational institutions in the city, Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS), is situated in DHA Phase 5. It is an internationally recognised university that adds more value to the project, especially property prices in Phase 3. Besides, Allama Iqbal International Airport and Lahore Ring Road (orbital highway) are in the vicinity of DHA, Lahore, passing near Phase 5. The airport is around 23 minutes away from DHA Phase 3, 16 minutes away from Phase 5 and 6, and 18 minutes away from Phase 1, via Ghazi Road and Airport Road.
Furthermore, DHA is ranked number one, as the most searched area of Lahore for buying properties. Another significant factor that adds to the reputation of DHA is that it is managed by the armed forces of Pakistan. Therefore, it is also one of the most secure housing projects in the city.
HISTORY OF DEVELOPMENT
DHA was known as the Lahore Cantt Cooperative Housing Society (LCCHS) during the 1970s. This society was overseen by a Management Committee (MC) of 11 to 15 members. In the 1980s, a bylaw was passed, according to which army officers were given the authority in a general meeting to elect members for the MC and make policies. The High Court transferred the authority of MC to Commander Lahore Corps in the 1990s. LCCHS was then changed to Defence Housing Authority, first, via a provincial ordinance, and then through a federal order in the late 2000s.
PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT
DHA, Lahore is divided into several phases, and each phase is further subdivided into blocks. The blocks are further classified as per the area size of plots. There are approximately 11 phases, of which Phases 1 to 6 are fully developed and populated, whereas Phases 7, 8, 9, 11, and 12 are under development, as of January 2020. Plot owners have been given possession in Phases 6 and 7, and commercial plots in Phase 8 are now available for possession as well. There are dedicated commercial areas in each phase to facilitate the community.
AT A GLANCE
- Adequate and advanced security systems
- Efficient security guards, Punjab Police, and Rescue Team active 24/7
- Easy access to all modes of public transport
- Fully equipped with all the essential facilities
- Access to a range of contemporary amenities
- Lush green parks and green belts at regular intervals
- Several shopping avenues and marts
- Completely equipped healthcare facilities
- Places of worship are functional in all phases
- Top-notch academic institutions of every level are pinned in different phases
- Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS) and Lahore Garrison University are in DHA, Lahore
- A NADRA executive centre is also established in Phase 4, DHA, Lahore
- Several sports facilities and clubs within the community
- Inter-community sports competitions and events are held on different occasions
- Numerous options for leisure and entertainment in the vicinity
- Driving License Centre is in Sector K, Phase 1
- Defence Public Library is accessible in Sector Z, Phase 3
- Presence of financial institutions including commercial and Islamic banks, money transfer and exchanges
- Pakistan Post Office is pinned in Phase 1, DHA, Lahore
FACILITIES, SCHOOLS AND HEALTHCARE
PUBLIC TRANSPORT IN AND NEAR DHA, LAHORE
The launch of several new modes of public transport in Lahore is one of the essential initiatives taken by the government of Punjab to offer better commute options to residents of Lahore. People now have access to more comfortable and affordable commute options in the form of Metro Buses and Orange Line, other than rickshaws, taxis, and public buses.
Coming to Defence Housing Authority, Lahore, this is a well-planned and well-managed housing society, featuring smooth, well-maintained, and developed roads. Initially, residents were not provided access to public transport within the boundaries of DHA, and people had to take a taxi or a bus from the neighbourhood. However, since cab-hailing services have been launched, commuting to and from Defence, Lahore has become exceptionally hassle-free. You may consider reading some tips before using any ride hailing app.
Besides, public transport in DHA, Lahore has also become easily accessible, and many bus stops are pinned across the community. For instance, Lahore Ring Road, one of the major road networks in Lahore, connecting Defence to other areas of the city, is near Phase 5. In contrast, residents of Phase 6 enjoy instant access to Bedian Road and Barki Road.
The management of Defence Housing Authority, Lahore, has set up several bus stops at different intervals across the society to facilitate residents. Buses on these stops arrive every 15 minutes. Mentioned below are a few bus stops categorised phase-wise:
- Among the many bus stops in DHA Phase 1, you will spot Defence Chowk Bus Stop on DHA Main Boulevard in Sector K. A few others are on Ghazi Road, including Gol Chakkar Bus Stop (Sector L), Bilal Store Bus Stop in Sector M, and Ghazi Road Bus Stop. Also, Ghazi Chowk Bus Stop is on DHA’s Main Boulevard, Sector A. On the other hand, Charar Pind Bus Stop is on Ghazi Road, Sector S, DHA Phase 2. However, the bus stops present on Ghazi Road, Phase 1, are also easily accessible from Phase 2.
- Bus Stop Y-Block Market is on Street 10, Y-Block Market, Phase 3, Defence, Lahore.
- Since Ghazi Road also passes near Phase 4, DHA, you will spot a few more bus stops here. For instance, AA Bus Stop in Sector AA, Naqa Bus Stop at the intersection of Sector X and Sector AA, LESCO Bus Stop in Sector EE, and Chota Ishara Bus Stop is pinned at the junction of Sector Y and Sector CC.
Daewoo Bus Service was inaugurated in Defence Housing Authority, Lahore, in 2015. Their buses are environment-friendly and air-conditioned with free Wi-Fi facility. The local bus service of Daewoo operates within the locality. Some Daewoo bus stops functional in Defence, Lahore are:
- Daewoo Bus Stop on Khayaban-e-Jinnah, Sector L, Phase 1
- Daewoo U Bus Stop in Sector T, Phase 2
- Daewoo Bus Stop at Lalik Jan Chowk, Street 2, Sector S
Other than hiring rickshaws and taxis from the vicinity, you can also head to the nearest Metrobus Station. The following are nearest Metrobus Stations with their estimated distance calculated from DHA Sports Complex, Sector XX, Phase 3:
- Qainchi Bus Station on Ferozepur Road is 8 minutes’ drive away
- Ghazi Chowk Metro Bus Station is also pinned on Ferozepur Road in Gul Colony, 7 minutes’ drive away
- Chungi Amar Sidhu Metro Bus Station takes a 9-minute drive to reach
Also, if you are planning to travel to other cities of Pakistan or are a frequent traveller, you can head to Walton Railway Station in Nishtar Town. The station is around 8 minutes’ drive away from DHA Sports Complex, spotted in Sector XX of Phase 3.
Fortunately, Allama Iqbal International Airport is situated at an approximate span of 9 km from Defence Housing Authority’s Office, Sector A, Phase 6.
MARKETS IN DHA, LAHORE
Residents of DHA, Lahore enjoy extreme convenience, as there are several dedicated commercial zones operational in various parts of the community. Each phase of the society features comprehensively planned commercial districts that are also home to financial institutions, eateries, and a variety of local as well as national and international branded outlets. Here is an overview of the many markets situated in DHA, Lahore:
PHASE 1, DHA, LAHORE
As Phase 1 is the first and oldest neighbourhood of Defence Lahore, therefore, residents here enjoy complete convenience and accessibility to brands, groceries, pharmacies, restaurants, cafes and many stores selling household items, stationeries, books, gadgets, toys, clothing, fashion accessories and a lot of useful stuff. The F Block Market, Sector G Commercial Area, and H-Block Commercial Market/Sector H are the most active commercial spots in the phase.
The F-Block Market in Defence Phase 1, Lahore, features quite a few shops. The market hosts convenience stores, food places, and shops dealing in a variety of essential commodities. The F-Block Market also features a Lawrencepur outlet on Jinnah Avenue in Sector F, Phase 1.
Comparatively, the H-Block Commercial Market features a range of popular branded stores as well as high-end local brands.
Al-Fatah Local is the go-to store for all types of grocery shopping and other stuff ranging from baby products and other essentials to electronics, kitchen accessories, and a lot more. Al-Fatah is one of the prominent supermarkets in DHA, Lahore, having branches in different cities of Pakistan as well.
Coming to the big brands you would see in Phase 1, DHA, Lahore, these include Hush Puppies, Urban Sole, Apollo Sports, and LOGO Shop, to name a few. Furthermore, The Entertainer Pakistan, one of the leading toy stores in the country offering a wide range of international branded toys, E-games, arts, and crafts supplies, and much more is also present here.
Sector G, Commercial Area, Phase 1, features a shop selling kids’ clothing and accessories, fashion accessories as well as ready-to-wear casual western and eastern dresses for women and men. Apple iStore – DHA branch and many opticians, book centres, banks, and money exchanges are also functional here. A few branded stores are also spotted in Sector G, while Europa Store is the place to shop for groceries in Sector G, Phase 1, Defence, Lahore.
DHA Phase 2, Lahore is primarily home to a vast range of restaurants and local eateries. Still, there are branches of well-reputed financial institutions, bakeries, meat shops, as well as greengrocers selling fresh fruits and veggies. This phase has Lalik Jan Market in its Sector S featuring a mini food street, pharmacy, toy stores, mobile phone, and accessories shop, and photocopy/stationery shops, among others.
For groceries and other daily use goods, Ahmed Cash & Carry in Sector T and Care Mart in Sector M (next to Cakes & Bakes) are two perfect places to shop at. Both supermarkets stock imported and local commodities. Apart from these two, The Organic Shop in Sector Q’s Commercial Area, pinned on main Ghazi Road, is best for organic poultry and groceries such as lentils, herbs, oils, dry fruits, bread, spices, dairy products, vegetables, achaar and chutneys (traditional dips and sauces).
PHASE 3, DHA, LAHORE
DHA Phase 3, Lahore is primarily known for its Y-Block Market. This market is also the most-favourite shopping avenue of people living in neighbouring areas. The market is home to banks, gyms and fitness centres, international food chains, as well as local eateries, travel agencies, mobile phone stores, high-end fashion brands (both global and Pakistani), footwear stores, home and furniture stores (Interwood and Koncept), top-notch interior and architecture brands, electronic stores, jewellery outlets, salons, and a lot more. As for known clothing brands, Breakout, Khaadi, Khas, Al Karam Studio, Marks & Spencer, Outfitters, Stoneage, Limelight, Splash, Cross Stitch, Almirah, Levis, Mango, Thredz, and Agha Noor are all present here. On the other hand, ChenOne’s branch is also functional here, selling ready-to-wear and unstitched fabric for men and women, sportswear, kids’ wear, and an exclusive variety of furniture and bedding.
Also, ENEM Store in Y-Block Market is home to several brands, including Dune London, Diesel, Michael Kors, ZARA, and other well-known names.
Besides, to shop for kids wear and some of their trendy accessories, you can head to MotherCare, Graco Baby Shop, Minnie Minors, and others. Besides, Zubaida’s store is spotted in Sector Z, DHA Phase 3, near Burger Lab.
Phase 3 of DHA Lahore is also home to some of the finest department and grocery stores, including Al-Fatah Shopping Mall. From stocking local to imported stuff, the store features electronics, health and skincare products, gym equipment, pet food, toys, cosmetics, home appliances, and home décor stuff, as well as accessories and care products for new-borns.
Potpourri is a complete department store, functional since 1978. The store is primarily famous for a huge variety of stationery items, toys, kids’ accessories, furniture, and groceries. Additionally, Potpourri has a collection of ready-to-wear dresses, home accessories, and various household items.
Then, Greenvalley Express in Block Q, Esajee’s in Sector Y, and Jalal Sons in Z Block are ideal for grocery shopping.
Some of the popular names of the fashion industry have their stores in Z-Block, Phase 3, DHA, Lahore. These include J. Junaid Jamshed, Sana Safinaz, Maria. B and Haroon’s, to name a few. Besides, several footwear stores, eateries, cafes, salons, and banks are also functional here. The international brand, The Body Shop, which is a renowned cosmetics and skincare brand, has an outlet here.
The W-Block Market, right opposite to the main Jamia Masjid of W Block, features grocery stores and a men’s salon.
PHASE 4, DHA, LAHORE
Coming to the commercial zones in Phase 4, DHA, Lahore, the Sectors CC, FF, HH, CC, and GG are all highly active, hosting tons of commercial activities. There are grocery stores, home improvement stores, architecture and design studios, home décor stores, supermarkets, clothing stores, branded electronics outlets, fashion brands, tailors, marts, and various retail outlets here.
Sector CC is home to Nishat Linen and So Kamal outlets. Both are known brands for trendy ready-to-wear outfits, unstitched collection, and contemporary fashion accessories for women. Zeitgeist in the area sells western apparel for men and women. The brand mainly specialises in informal as well as business-casual wear. Zeitgeist is top-rated, according to reviews on different social media platforms, for the quality of the fabric used as well as the cuts and designs. You can try Adamz in Sector CC, Phase 4 DHA, Lahore for some stylish and beautiful wedding and party wear gowns and other semi-formals (western variety). Additionally, there are high-end home stores, including JB Saeed Homes & Hardware, 4 Walls, and various others in the sector, along with renowned salons, fitness centres, eateries, bakeries, and much more.
Then, Sector FF Phase 4, Defence, Lahore is home to Grooves Interior, Mohkam Interiors, and S. Abdullah Home on Street 8. Some fashion and mobile phone brands present here include Carte Blanche by Nabeel Ahmed, OPPO, and Samsung.
When it comes to grocery shopping or daily use commodities, ample options are present across DHA, Lahore. For instance, Al-Fatah Local has one of its branches functional in Civic Commercial Area, Sector DD in Phase 4. Pakeeza Store in Sector CC is the go-to place for groceries as well as Ashraf Vegetable Fruit and Chicken Shop. On the other hand, Urban Mart is also a good option in Sector HH to shop for daily goods, while you can spot Syed and Sons-The Value Store, Hafiz Super Store, and several others in Sector FF.
Apart from the shopping avenues, The Darzi Store in Sector GG, Phase 4 is popular within the community for custom stitching services.
PHASE 5, DHA, LAHORE
Since DHA Phase 5, Lahore, is close to Lahore Ring Road and home to LUMS, it commands a relatively higher significance and property rates. Besides, commercial activities here are also thriving. The Civic Commercial Area in Sector C, Phase 5, DHA, hosts top-notch bakeries, fine dining and casual eateries, coffee houses, financial institutions, salons, academies, and corporate offices.
Jalal Sons is a well-recognised name, functional since 1948. Fortunately, one of its branches is operational in Civic Commercial Area near Wateen Chowk in Phase 5, DHA. This is one of the biggest departmental stores offering health & beauty products, several types of kitchen accessories, crockeries, grocery items, handbags, and accessories. Also, the store has a bakery serving freshly baked goodies. Moreover, HKB Express in Sector H and Grocers Express in Sector B are other excellent options for grocery shopping in Phase 5. Al-Fatah Department Store, another giant in the respective genre, has one of its branches located in Sector C.
Defence Phase 5, Lahore is also home to a large number of salons and spas, home renovation and interior brands, dry cleaners, and laundry outlets, and pharmacies. Additionally, Lulusar, a local clothing brand, has set up its concept store in Civic Commercial Area, Sector C.
PHASE 6, DHA, LAHORE
The commercial zone in Phase 6 is under-development. However, residents here still enjoy maximum convenience because of DHA Mart in Block K, Rainbow Cash & Carry, Check Point in Sector C, and Al-Fatah in Sector H. The Civic Commercial Area (CCA) in Block C is also under development, yet many eateries are functional here. Europa Supermarket and a few furniture accessories and home improvement stores are also functional in CCA.
Other than these, quite a few academic institutions, including Lahore Garrison University, banks, men’s hair salons, and women’s beauty salons, are also situated in DHA Phase 6, Lahore.
Since Phase 7 and onwards are under-development, therefore, no markets or major commercial activities are observed here, as of February 2020.
MOSQUES IN DHA, LAHORE
Defence Housing Authority, Lahore, is a trendsetter in offering a complete lifestyle to its residents with all the necessary and contemporary facilities. Hence, similar to other facilities, there are quite many mosques established in DHA, Lahore, in almost all the phases and sub-sectors. When it comes to offering Friday prayers, the majority of worshippers head to the grand mosques. Also, during Ramadan, special arrangements are made for the last ten days as well as for Taraweeh prayers. Listed below are some of the small and grand mosques in different phases of the society:
- Among many mosques in DHA Phase 1, Jamia Masjid ALLAH-o-AKBAR stands on the Main Boulevard in Sector E. This is one of the first few grand mosques established initially in the society. Around 2,000+ worshippers can offer prayers simultaneously here. Also, the mosque has a separate prayer area for women.
- Phase 2 is home to quite a few mosques, among which V Block Sector Masjid is functional within a park that offers a fresh ambience for prayers. The mosque is quite well-kept and provides ample space for worshippers.
- Q Block Masjid in Sector Q is also located in Phase 2, DHA. This mosque is also well-maintained by the management.
Other than these, residents of Phase 3 can head to Jamia Masjid in Sector W, Phase 5 residents can go to G Block Masjid Fiqah Jafria in Sector G, Phase 4 is home to Phase IV Jamia Masjid in Sector DD, and Phase 6 residents have access to Jamia Masjid in Sector L. The Jamia Masjid in Sector L has a fantastic architecture, inspired by Persian and Central Asian work featuring several domes.
SCHOOLS, COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES IN DHA, LAHORE
DHA, Lahore, is home to some of the most reputed educational institutions. These academic facilities are known for providing international standard education at every level. This could be one of the reasons that make DHA Defence Lahore one of the most preferred housing societies in the city. Here are the details on a few reputed schools functional in DHA, Lahore:
- Lahore Grammar School (LGS) was established in 1979 and has earned an excellent reputation for providing the highest standard of education from Kindergarten to A-Level. Luckily, its campuses are functional on Street 59 in Sector E, Phase 1 and Sector G, Phase 5, DHA. LGS is listed among the top-notch Cambridge schools in Lahore.
- Roots IVY International School is another popular Cambridge based school that specialises in Thematic Montessori, International Primary, Lower Secondary, IGCSE O-Level, and AS/A-Level programmes. Since 1988, the school has built a strong reputation by incorporating contemporary teaching methods and upgrading the curriculum as per international standards. Fortunately, one of its campuses is in Sector G, Phase 5, DHA.
- Scarsdale International School is also a well-reputed school spotted in Sector BB, Phase 4, DHA. The school offers classes from Pre-School to O-Level, where children aged between two to five are eligible for preschool classes and five years and above for elementary. On the other hand, its middle school is from Class V to VIII.
- Roots Millennium School (RMS) has established its Future World School (FWS) Campus in Sector F of Phase 6, Defence Lahore. The school follows Cambridge IGCSE and CIE A-Levels offering classes from Pre-School to A-Levels. RMS has divided classes into Early Years, Primary Years, Middle Years, and Upper Middle Years.
- The Beaconhouse School has one of its campuses functional in Sector Y, Phase 3, DHA. This is one of the renowned Cambridge schools of Pakistan and offers classes from Early Years to A-Level.
- Moreover, Beaconhouse TNS, which functions under Beaconhouse, is situated in Sector G, Phase 5 of the community. The school has adapted to unique teaching methods and approaches to meet modern-day demands. The curriculum is Cambridge-based synched with the Reggio Emilia Approach and Project-Based Learning mechanism. Additionally, TNS offers IB (International Baccalaureate) Diploma Programmes in different disciplines, including Experimental Sciences, Language Acquisition, Language & Literature, Mathematics, Individuals & Societies, and Language & Literature. The French language is also a mandatory course from Initial classes to IB Diploma programmes.
- The City School is also one of the most preferred schools in the country when it comes to Cambridge education. Fortunately, its DHA Campus is operating in Phase 6. This campus offers classes from Playgroup to Class XI and A-Level, following both Federal Board, CIE, and IGCSE standard curriculum.
- Furthermore, The Lahore Alma School on Street 44 in Sector C, Phase 1, DHA, is another Cambridge school featuring a contemporary facility, fully equipped classrooms, and up-to-date curriculum. The school is divided into Junior Section, Senior Section, and A-Levels, where Junior Section is from Playgroup to Class IV and Senior Section from Class V to O-Levels.
Other than the above discussed Cambridge schools, there is Allied School’s Defence Campus, which comes under the umbrella of Punjab Group of Colleges, located in Sector K, DHA Phase 1. The school follows the Federal Board of Education from Montessori to Class X.
Besides, residents can also seek admission of their children at various campuses of DHA schools, operating in different phases of Defence Housing Authority, Lahore. DHA Kindergarten and DHA Senior School for Girls are in Sector G, Phase 5, DHA Senior School for Boys is in Sector S, Phase 2, and DHA Junior Campus is in Sector Z, Phase 3. These DHA schools offer classes from Prep. to Matric/O-Levels, following the Federal Board as well as the Cambridge curriculum.
Residents may also opt to enrol their kids in Defence Public School. The campus is pinned at Lalik Chowk in Sector R, DHA Phase 2.
COLLEGES IN AND NEAR DHA, LAHORE
Coming to options for intermediate education within the boundaries of the Defence Lahore’s community, you will come across a few colleges.
The colleges located in DHA, Lahore, include Defence Degree College (DDC) for Women and Boys (separately). The women campus is functional in Sector FF, Phase 4, whereas the boys’ campus is pinned in Sector R, Phase 2. Both campuses offer the same intermediate programmes in the genre of Pre-Medical, Pre-Engineering, Science, and Commerce. Also, the college provides B.A, B.Sc., and B.Com at the undergraduate level.
Next, a campus of Roots Millennium College is in Sector F, Phase 6 Defence, Lahore. The college offers AS and A-Level programmes. Candidates with an O-level or equivalent background can apply for admission here.
Moreover, to pursue an intermediate programme, you can seek admission in some colleges located near DHA Defence Lahore. For example, there is Government Degree College for Women and Government Degree College for Boys, reachable after driving around 8 to 9 minutes on Bedian Road from DHA Lahore’s office, which is based in Sector A, Phase 6.
UNIVERSITIES IN AND NEAR DHA, LAHORE
When it’s about pursuing higher education, people living in Defence, Lahore are quite fortunate. Quite many top leading and reputed universities are functional in and near DHA, Lahore. Easy access to these academic institutions offers added convenience and saves commute expenses as well. Here are the details on the universities functional within the boundaries of the society:
- Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS), a well-recognised name in the education sector recognised internationally for the quality of education and curriculum, is in Sector U, Phase 5, DHA. The college is listed among the top engineering universities in Lahore.
- A private university established since 2010 by Pakistan Army, Lahore Garrison University (LGU), is operating in Sector C, Phase 6, Defence. The university has earned a significant reputation over the period, and the PHEC Accreditation Committee has recognised and accepted its programmes. LGU offers degrees from Bachelors to M.Phil and Ph.D. in the domain of Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology, Psychology, Management Sciences, Economics, Islamic Studies, Mass Communication, Political Sciences, International Relations, Pakistan Studies, Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Physics, Statistics, English, and Urdu.
- Pakistan’s biggest transnational academic institution, The Millennium Universal College (TMUC), has a campus based in Sector F, Phase 6, DHA. TMUC offers international degree programmes from undergraduate to postgraduate level as well as professional education programmes in the fields of Business & Management, Hospitality Management, Fashion Textile, Film & Digital Art, Creative Media Production, Engineering & Computing, Law, Foundation Diploma and ACCA. TMUC is affiliated with the University of London, approved for Business & Technology Education programmes as well as a partner of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants & Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan and the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants. Additionally, the college is affiliated with The Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan.
- DHA Phase 3, Lahore is home to NH&MC College of Nursing, and as the name implies, this is a nursing college offering BSN Post RN – 1-year degree programmes (Fast Track) and Post RN – 2 years BSN degree programmes. People with a passion for a career in nursing may opt to enrol here. Furthermore, a basic diploma in Licensed Practical Nursing is also offered here. This college is pinned in Sector L, Phase 3.
Besides, there are some well-recognised universities operational near DHA, Lahore. Discussed below are a few of them:
- Lahore Leads University (LLU) on Lidher Road in Kamahan is roughly 11 minutes’ drive away from LUMS. The university specialises in Computer Science & Information Technology, Pharmacy, Business Administration, Education, English, Engineering, Islamic, Law, Mass Communication, Math, Physical Education & Sports Science, Politics & International Relations, Sociology, Psychology, and Urdu. LLU is recognised by the Higher Education Commission (HEC) Pakistan and chartered by the Government of Punjab.
- Students looking to pursue a career in IT can enrol in Information Technology University (ITU). This public university is approximately 7 km away from Lahore Grammar School (LGS) University, functional in Sector Y, Phase 3, DHA. ITU has been operational since 2012 in Arfa Software Technology Park, whereas, another campus of the university is under construction on Barki Road, Lahore. The university offers BS, MS, and Ph.D. programmes in Information Technology. Furthermore, you can choose from the following subjects for an MS degree:
- Development Studies: Development, Technology & Policy,
- Electrical Engineering
- Computer Science
- Data Science
ITU offers a distinct programme named EMBITE, which is an Executive MBA in Innovation, Technology & Entrepreneurship. The university also offers a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science. The university is accredited by The Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan, Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC), National Computing Education Accreditation Council (NCEAC), and other bodies.
Prospective engineers can seek the relevant education at the Lahore Institute of Science & Technology, which is functional in Madina Park at Bhatta Chowk on Bedian Road. This institute is accessible in a drive of about 11 minutes from Defence Housing Authority Lahore’s office. The university is affiliated with The Higher Education Commission (HEC) and offers BS programmes in Electrical Engineering Technology, Civil Engineering & Technology, Software Engineering, Information Technology, and Computer Science. However, the institute also provides undergraduate and graduate programmes in Human Nutrition & Dietetics, Psychology, English, Physical Therapy, Business Administration, and Commerce.
BANKS IN DHA, LAHORE
You will find branches of almost all the banks in DHA, Lahore.
- Principal and Interest
- Property Tax
- HOO fees